1) On certain occasions, the public has opportunities to share personal information online with the Airport in order to facilitate better correspondence and service. This information includes but is not limited to e-mail addresses, responses to surveys, registering for services and new services to be created. The City of Santa Barbara Airport Department will not sell any information provided through this website. Nevertheless, information received by the Airport online is a public record and may be subject to disclosure under the provisions of the California Public Records Act (Gov't. Code § 6250 et seq.). Credit card information will not be disclosed.
2) The Airport only requires the personal information necessary in order to provide effective service. At times you may be offered an opportunity to provide the Airport with additional information on a voluntary basis, this additional information enables the City to provide you with improved service.
3) Using e-mail addresses provided at registration or otherwise, users are giving the Airport permission to periodically send out e-mail newsletters and promotional email to our users about web site updates, and product and service information offered by the Airport.
4) Users may indicate that they do not wish to receive e-mail information from the Airport. Upon request, the Airport will remove users, and their information, from the Airport database or permit them to elect not to receive any further e-mail newsletters or contact.
5) The Airport encourages parents to go on-line with their children. One of the Airport services on-line is to provide educational information about Santa Barbara; therefore, children are not restricted from visiting the Airport site. The Airport urges children to get permission from their parents or guardians before giving any information online.
6) The City of Santa Barbara Airport Department web site employs industry-standard methods to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. The Airport uses reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to the Airport secure.
7) The Airport makes reasonable efforts to protect the personal information shared with us. For example, if you make an online purchase with the Airport, your credit card number and personal information is encrypted to protect this information while it is being transmitted. The Airport limits access to your personal information to only those employees who need it to perform the service requested.
8) The Airport web site is coordinated and maintained by Lynn Houston at the Airport Department of the City. Site content is produced by each division within the Airport, and is the sole responsibility of the respective division. Lynn Houston may be contacted my mail at 601 Firestone Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93117, by telephone at (805) 692-6024, or by e-mail at Lhouston@SantaBarbaraCA.gov.
© 2014 Santa Barbara Airport. All rights reserved.