- On any given day; an average of 2,100 passengers arrive and depart from Santa Barbara Airport.
- Santa Barbara is the busiest airport on the California coast between Los Angeles & San Jose serving more than 750,000 passengers annually.
- Located eight miles northwest of downtown Santa Barbara, the Airport sits on 954 acres.
- 5 passenger airlines and 1 cargo carrier operate approximately 40 daily departures.
- The Airport contributes over 1/2 billion dollars annually to Santa Barbara County’s economy & directly or indirectly supports over 2,500 jobs in the County. Besides operation and maintenance of the Airline Terminal and airfield, the Airport is landlord to 76 buildings and 120 tenants.
- The Airport is steward to 430 acres of the Goleta Slough State Marine Park and home to 279 seasonal bird species.
- 221 General Aviation aircraft based at SBA are valued at more than $128 million.
(2008 County Assessor)
- There are approximately 15,000 take-offs and landings each month (General Aviation: commercial & military).
- 180,000 annual aircraft operations
- Commercial runway - 6,052 feet long.
- Two parallel general aviation runways - approximately 4, 000 feet long (each).
- 20,000 square foot Airline Terminal building.
- 67,000 square ft. two story new Airline Terminal under construction with completion date of 2012 that will meet LEED standards.
- 30 aviation service companies.
- Helicopter base supporting offshore oil operations.
- Fixed base operators, flight schools, aircraft maintenance facilities and charter services.
- Annually close to 5, 000 students come to the Vistitor’s Center and receive Airport tours and aviation educational materials.
© 2014 Santa Barbara Airport. All rights reserved.